Boama Park is a large, open grassy park with street parking, a basketball court, picnic shelters, and BBQ facilities. It can be accessed off Cross Street and Windlass Street, Deception Bay.
While this park spans from Deception Bay to Rothwell, the key park area and playground are located in Cross Street, with activities for the whole family.
Older children will have fun throwing hoops, while younger children can burn off extra energy in the playground. Rest and recharge at the undercover picnic shelters with BBQs, tables and chairs.
There is also a fenced, off-leash dog area so your furry friend can have a run around.
Continue around to Esplanade South and you will find a sealed pathway (Deception Bay Foreshore Accessible Pathway), which runs in a northern direction all the way up the waterfront past the Library towards Captain Cook Parade and Apex Park.
Start your adventure: foreshore accessible pathway and heritage trail
Boama Park is a great place to meet before setting off along the Deception Bay Foreshore Accessible Pathway and Heritage Trail, which is accessed off Esplanade South.
This sealed pathway is perfect for wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility devices. It will take you past the mangroves and trees, along the waterfront to various parks and shady picnic areas.
Remember to bring your hat, sunscreen and water bottle, which can be re-filled at stops along the way. Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the seaside.
Nearby venues/Food & drink:
Boama Park is located nearby to Deception Bay Road. This main road will take you to the dining and shopping precincts at Rothwell and Deception Bay.
- Concrete pathways and basketball court
- Chip bark playground
- Grass and plants
- Boama Park and the connecting Foreshore Pathway offers plenty of fresh air and views of Deception Bay (including open water, mudflats, sand, and mangroves)
- Sit back, relax, and spot some of the local wildlife, such as water birds and migratory waders
- Deception Bay Heritage Trail sculptural markers (spot these along the foreshore)
- Listen to the distant waves, moving water, birds, and other wildlife
- Some minor traffic noise.
FIND OUT MORE: Discover the Deception Bay Heritage Trail for audio narration, historical photos, an interactive map, additional stops and more. Visit mbrc.qld.gov.au/heritage.
48 Cross Street, Deception Bay