Located opposite the Bribie Island Bowls Club and with stunning views of the Pumicestone Passage is Chamber of Commerce Park, Bongaree.
This grassy, shaded park is connected by the accessible pathway which runs right along the Bongaree Foreshore, making it a convenient and comfortable stop on your island outing.
Here, you will find picnic shelters with BBQ facilities, tables and chairs, accessible toilets, rubbish bins, and gym equipment. There’s also plenty of room to roll out a blanket and soak up the fresh air and sunshine.
Picnic lunches and stress-free travel
Enjoy a BBQ lunch with friends and family, or grab some fresh fish and chips from one of the nearby cafes. Amenities and dining options are all clearly signed and accessible via the continuous, sealed pathways designed for wheelchairs and walkers.
Accessible parking and public transport (bus stops) are available along Welsby Parade, making Chamber of Commerce Park a safe and convenient destination for travel and navigation. There is also a larger carpark located at the northern end of the park, up near the boat ramp.
Discover more of the Bribie Island experience at the nearby Brennan Park and Bongaree Jetty, or take a look at the fully-accessible Bribie Island Seaside Museum while visiting.
Nearby venues/Food & drink:
There are a number of food and drink options along Toorbul Street, First Ave and Welsby Parade. The Bribie Island Bowl’s Club is located directly opposite Chamber of Commerce Park, while Sue’s Bar & Grill and Golden Prawn Seafood & Takeaway are just metres’ away.
- At The Jetty Restaurant
- Savige’s Seafood
- Bongaree Hot Bread
- Scoopy’s Family Café
- La Vera Gourmet Pizza & Bar
- Sue’s Bar & Grill
- Golden Prawn Seafood & Takeaway
- · Bribie Island Bowls Club
- Sand and shallow water
- Grassed picnic areas
- Trees, chip bark, concrete pathways
- Water views of Pumicestone Passage
- Boats, jet skis and other water sports
- Waterbirds and shorebirds, and small native animals
- Pumicestone Passage is a protected marine park that provides habitat for dugongs, turtles and dolphins, which you may be lucky enough to spot
- Sounds of the ocean – moving water and gentle lapping against the shore
- Bird calls, including shorebirds and waterbirds
The shaded, grassed area of Chamber of Commerce Park is available for bookings, and is the ideal location for a small wedding ceremony. Events may impact pedestrian traffic and parking availability.
6 Welsby Parade, Bongaree