With plenty of shaded pathways, picnic shelters and wide-open green space, Pine Rivers Park at Strathpine is a popular spot for a BBQ or group day out.
Park in the designated accessible carparks, or other ample parking spaces, and make your way to the various undercover picnic areas. These are located in close proximity to the carpark for ease of access. Alternatively, follow the paths to a shady spot under the trees and enjoy the fresh air.
There are both fenced and unfenced play equipment spaces, with plans for an accessible carousel to be built in 2020/21.
Check out the soft rubber animal statues, and colourful arbour featuring butterfly and dragonfly art installations. There’s plenty to see and explore around the flat pathways which wind through the gardens.
Pine Rivers Park also features a staffed Visitor Information Centre. There are uniformed people you can speak to for assistance (white shirt, with the letter ‘i’ for information), and a quiet, cool spot to retreat if necessary. The information centre is well-signed and has wheelchair ramp access.
The park is a local favourite for birthday parties and on the school holidays, so you may want to arrive early if making use of the BBQs or picnic shelters.
- Accessible carparks
- Marked pedestrian crossings
- Visitor Information Centre
- Large toilet block with accessible toilet
- Fenced and unfenced playground areas with equipment for varying abilities
- Garden maze (not wheelchair accessible)
- Water fountains
- Picnic shelters
- Table and chairs
- Shaded paths
- Plenty of green space (flat and hilly areas)
- Combination of chip bark, concrete paths, softfall rubber matting, and artificial grass
- Rubber animal statues and an insect art installation/arbour
- Disc Golf Course. This nine-hole course wraps around the park. Just use a frisbee instead of a golf club and ball. Drop by the Visitor Information Centre for more details.
Accessible play equipment:
Accessible carousel to be built in 2020/21
Nearby venues/Food & Drink:
Pine Rivers Park is located alongside a main road (Gympie Road) and is just a short drive to the Strathpine Centre and other shops.
- Rubber animal statues (crocodile, frog)
- Playground equipment
- Plants, hedge/garden maze (not wheelchair accessible)
- Moving playground equipment (includes some fast-moving equipment)
- Colourful insect installation artwork/arbour
- Plenty of open, green space and trees
- Wildlife (water birds etc).
- Some traffic noise (Gympie Road)
- Pine Rivers Park is a popular destination for families and children, so can get busy/noisy. However, there is plenty of green space and shaded resting areas away from the main playground.
NOTE: The large oval and amphitheatre at Pine Rivers Park are used as venues for local festivals and events throughout the year. Please take note of the Moreton Bay Region Calendar of Events when planning your trip, as it may affect carpark availability, and increase noise levels for those sensitive to sound and/or crowds.
125 Gympie Rd, Strathpine QLD 4500